Disciplinary Hearing & Grievance Procedures
DISCIPLINARY HEARING & GRIEVANCE PROCEDURES
DURATION : 2 days
TARGET GROUP: This module is meant for supervisors, middle managers, senior executives and Human Resources Practitioners of organisations in the public, private and parastatal sectors who are charged with the responsibility of ensuring discipline in their various organizations, and may be expected to initiate or conduct or chair disciplinary and grievance hearings.
- Have a clear understanding of the legal framework within which disciplining of employees occur
- Know the rights and obligations of each party in a disciplinary hearing
- Be able to distinguish between procedural and substantive fairness, and the standards of proof used to determine fairness.
- Be able to conduct a fair disciplinary hearing and impose an appropriate sanction
- Effectively deal with employee grievance, following the appropriate procedure.